Mild when young, mellows with age. Ideal for table, slicing, and melting. Shred over hot vegetables or steamed rice.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 3- full chicken breast
- Italian bread crumbs
- ½- pound butter
- 1-pound fresh mushrooms
- ½ -pound Edelweiss Muenster sliced
- ¼- cup white wine (optional)
- ¼- cup chicken broth
- Cut chicken into 2 inch strips and soak in eggs for 30 minutes.
- Slice and sauté mushrooms, drain and set aside.
- Roll chicken pieces in bread crumbs and sauté in butter until golden brown.
- Place single layer in a 9X13 inch baking dish with mushrooms.
- Refrigerate overnight (Optional)
- Pour wine and chicken broth over chicken ( ¼ cup of chicken broth can substitute white wine)
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 325 degrees or until bubbly.
- Remove and cover with Edelweiss Muenster slices and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serves 4-6